It is inevitable, especially in physics, what goes up, must come down! Alas, I hate to be the bearer of bad news…but yes, we ALL fall down.
Maybe it is getting a cold and taking a few days off, maybe it is traveling and having less access to healthy food, maybe it is the holidays and your mother-in-law cooked an amazing 4 course meal…but we all fall down.
BUT, if you know the famous quote, the important part is NOT falling down, it is the getting back up part that makes the difference.
I remembering traveling to Key West with my family when I was a little girl. I must have been 8 years old or so, and my family and I took a walk on the famous seven mile bridge. My older brother and his friend decided to race each other, and of course, I had to join in…in my flip flops…a few miles in…
Yup. I fell. Pretty spectacularly. I skinned both knees and felt that life was OVER. We were SO FAR and my knees hurt SO BAD!! But I learned a life lesson that day. I was too big to carry, and the only way I was going to get back to our hotel was to get up and walk.
After some tears and lamenting about my life’s choices up to that point, I dusted myself off and walked the rest of the way. Life is about the getting up and moving on, NOT the stagnation.
- Make a plan of action. Get out your calendar and get ready to make changes!
- I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: SCHEDULE YOUR WORKOUTS FOR THE WEEK!
- Plan your nutrition. Protein shakes, snacks, dinners, too busy to cook so plan your back-up plan!!
- Plan your hydration! How are you getting your water intake for the day?
- Recruit an accountability/cheering buddy! Friends help friends stay on target!
That’s it! Dust yourself off, plan your days, and get ready to see some exciting changes!!! If you need more reassurances about getting back up, ask me sometime about walking into a metal sign at the airport and making it fall down, along with causing the loudest show stopping sound in the world...