“If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude And A Few Basic Fitness Skills, We Have A Fun And Fulfilling Personal Training Position Just For You!”
It’s our hope at AXIS that you have precisely what we need in a fitness trainer so we can put you to work in the fun and rewarding coaching position we have available.
AXIS is a private training studio that is dedicated to helping men and women achieve their health and fitness goals through customized nutrition and fitness programs.
Currently we are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to start training some of our current clients.
AXIS is located at 7220 W. University Ave in Gainesville, FL.
AXIS currently offers one-on-one customized fitness and nutriton programs, group coaching sessions, which educate, motivate, and support men and women to improve their health and fitness and eliminate/overcome injuries. All clients begin with an initial 12-week coaching package that includes: nutrition resources, exercise program design, nutritional supplements, and monthly fitness assessments.
If you are hired for this coaching position, you'll begin learning the AXIS approach to personal training and corrective exercise.
Bottom line: you’ll get training clients at $15 per hour and have the opportunity to move up (and go full-time) within a 90-day trial period. AXIS offers a casual, fun environment, nice training equipment and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful personal training studio.
In addition, some of the benefits you will get..
-Supplemental insurance at NO cost
-Access to concierge primary care
-Sick and vacation days (full time only)
Tasks You’ll Expected To Perform
* Develop Comprehensive Health & Fitness Programs For Clients: You'll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs.
* Tracking Client Progress: In order to ensure a client's success in our programs, you'll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
* Perform Fitness Evaluations: Ideally, you'll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, bodyweight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that's a bonus.
* Coach clients through a12-week program: You'll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients you are working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you'll coach and motivate the client and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
* Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: This is a big one. We need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc) and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
* Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You'll be provided with educational tools and resources and will be expected to study them and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our weekly staff meetings.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
* Good Communication Skills: you will be talking with clients, who are VERY important to us. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
* People skills and personality- must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
* Health and Fitness Education: You do not need personal training experience, but you should have a working knowledge of health and fitness
* Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
* Basic nutrition knowledge
* National Certification
* Kinesiology Degree
* CPR Certified
How To Apply
We are looking to hire the right person to hire relatively quickly. Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and physically mail the information below along with your resume to AXIS Training Studio 7220 W. University Ave Gainesville, FL 32607 and we’ll contact you by phone.
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Director, AXIS Training Studio